Dec 21, 2013

Mailbox

Thanks to the dillweed that crashed into my mailbox and sped off the other day, I now have an opportunity to install a replacement. Still keeping my eye out for a red private plow truck so I can flatten his tires. I think he is buddies with one of my neighbors, so I will see him again.

Here is a picture of my temporary installation, which was constructed to buy myself some time.



And here is the underpinning of my replacement post. Took advantage of the warm weather - the ground was thawed this morning, so I used my Kubota post-hole digger to sink a pressure treated 6x6 into the soil and cemented it. I will install the post cover and the mailbox tomorrow.

Hoping that if anyone ever hits this one, they will be sitting in the street with a steaming radiator.

No comments: