Aug 10, 2013

New Floats





Just before heading out on vacation, I won an auction for two nice recreational kayaks. Seller agreed to hold them for a couple weeks until my return.

These 12 footers are not the substance of my Prijon Seayak, no sir, but they are fairly light and easy to manage for an afternoon of paddling. I got a reasonable eBay deal on them from a local New Jersey lady and picked them up this afternoon.

A little concerned that these short, wide boats might be like paddling a tractor tire tube, but hoping they track well enough for a few hours on the clear reservoir waters. Maiden voyage for me tomorrow at Round Valley.

As you can see, these shorter boats fit pretty well in the back of my Pilot when using the "T" extender. Far easier on my back than hoisting them up on the roof. Quicker too and should be fine for a short 4 mile trip over to the water.

No comments: