Oct 3, 2011

Mowed the Lawn Today




So I tried my best to mow the back lawn tonight after work -- the ground was wet and soft, but the grass has been growing like crazy! Being clever, I thought to use the lighter Ariens tractor to avoid making a mud pit out of my yard - worked fine for the front lawm. Not such a good idea in the back as I got stuck in the far, lower corner of the lot.

After a few muddy attempts at rocking it back and forth, I needed to swallow my pride and go inside to ask my dear wife if she could take the wheel while I connected a strap to my 4x4 Kubota to pull it out. Thankfully it made it without much problem.

Will probably be another (hopefully dry) week before I can really get out and mow again -- so much rain!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surprised Ariens got stuck even with farm tires. The Angus must enjoy the tall grass.