Jun 3, 2017

A Long, 9000 Foot Day at Nockamixon Disc Golf

Alex and I took on the East Coast beast, Nockamixon State Park Disc Golf Course today. 9000+ feet of boulders, treacherous footing, slippery stream crossings, mini-swamps and tree lined/specked fairways.

We emerged about 4 hours after tee off, only slightly worse for the wear. Down only one disc (my new Discraft Flash) and only somewhat discouraged by the tight fairways and unforgiving rough.

We certainly felt every bit of the many long par 4s and 5s. Legs were tired by days end.

One picture (B&W) shows a hanging basket that was dangling from a old, tree limb. I was taking this pic when Alex told me to back away from the basket... straight and quickly and "I'm not kidding". I shuffled back and went to the other side of the tree where Alex showed me a 5-foot long, black racer snake that was sunning itself on the dead tree branch directly above the basket! I got a picture of him as he made his way back to the tree hollow for safety - actually can see him on the tip of the branch in the B&W photo too. Scary!

Had a couple good shots here and there, but mostly very challenging tosses with fairways that were unforgiving of imprecision. I will never look at wide open Tinicum the same ever again! :)

1 comment:

Coolkayaker1 said...

What a pretty course. A memorable father-son day. Fabulous photos (including action shot of Alex throwing). Would be fun to try again in the autumn when leaves are down.